The planned American superhero movie Thor Love and Thunder, created by Marvel Studios and released by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures, is centered on the Marvel Comics character Thor. It will be the 29th movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and the straight sequel to Thor Ragnarök (2017). (MCU). Chris Hemsworth plays Thor in the movie, which is directed by Taika Waititi and also features Christian Bale, Russell Crowe, Jaimie Alexander, Waititi, Tessa Thompson, and Natalie Portman. Jennifer Kaytin Robinson and Waititi also co-wrote the script of Thor Love and Thunder. To stop Gorr the God Butcher (Bale) from eradicating all gods, Thor (Bale) must recruit Valkyrie (Thompson), Korg (Waititi), and Jane Foster (Portman), who is now the Mighty Thor.
By January 2018, Hemsworth and Waititi have explored ideas for a Ragnarok sequel. When Love and Thunder were initially announced in July 2019, Hemsworth, Waititi, Portman, who did not appear in Valkyrie, and Thompson were all set to return. Waititi sought to build a chick flick and an adventure with an 80s feel to set Love and Thunder apart from Ragnarok. He used ideas from Jason Aaron’s stint on the Heroic Thor comic book, in which cancer patient Foster assumes the identity and powers of Thor. In February 2020, Robinson joined to assist with the writing; later that year, more casting, including the debut of the Vanguards of the Galaxy, was made public.
Production was supposed to commence in late 2020, however, it was delayed because of the COVID-19 pandemic. In the end, filming in Sydney, Australia, started in January 2021 and ended at the start of June. Thor Love and Thunder, a Phase Four MCU film, is slated to have its Los Angeles premiere on June 23, 2022, or its American release on July 8, 2022.
The premise of the movie Thor Love and Thunder:
Thor tries to find inner peace after the happenings from Avengers: Endgame (2019), but he is forced to act again and enlist Korg, Valkyrie, and Jane Foster (who has since changed into the Mighty Thor) to prevent Gorr the God Butcher for eradicating all gods.
When the movie was first announced in July 2019, Waititi stated that it would incorporate characteristics of Jason Aaron’s Mighty Thor graphic novels by having Foster become a superhero known as The Mighty Thor. Feige later added that the plotline of Foster and Becoming the Mighty Thor would play a significant role in the movie, explaining that Marvel regarded the Mighty Thor run as one of the best modern comic books. The studio decided to adapt Aaron’s tale and incorporate Portman after talking to Waititi about where the storyline could go. Waititi read the graphic book while shooting on Ragnarok, and yet when he consented to helm another Thor movie, he informed Marvel that he intended to have included Foster as such Mighty Thor.
Waititi claimed that they sought to best adapt Foster’s tale from those comic books while staying true to it. The concept that someone is taking Thor’s place would be explored by his having the ax Stormbreaker while seeing his weapon Mjolnir back “in the arms of anyone” and “no more [being] his hammer,” he said. He thought that some fans expected this would happen, but did not think this as such.
Trailer of Thor Love and Thunder
Here is the trailer of Thor Love and Thunder,
The cast of the movie Thor Love and Thunder:
- Christian Bale is bestowed as Gorr the God Butcher, a scarred intergalactic assassin who wields a “strange and scary” sword and intends to exterminate the gods.
- Chris Hemsworth bestowed as Thor Based on the same-named Norse mythical figure, Thor is an Avenger and a former ruler of Asgard. As he is “simply trying to find out his mission, struggling to figure out precisely who he is and that he’s a hero and whether he will be a hero,” according to the director In the movie, Taika Waititi’s Thor had a mental collapse. Gorr was “extremely intimidating” and “layered,” according to Waititi.
- Russell Crowe bestowed as Zeus: The monarch of the Olympics, based on the eponymous god from Greek mythology.
- Tessa Thompson bestowed as Valkyrie: The New Asgardian king, who is modeled after the mythical figure Brynhild. The character’s orientation will be discussed in the movie, according to producers Kevin Feige and Thompson. Waititi claimed that Valkyrie had to become used to the administrative facets of the ruling, such as managing New Asgard’s infrastructure and economy and receiving visitors from neighboring nations.
- Natalie Portman bestowed as Jane Foster/Mighty Thor: Jane Foster is an atmospheric scientist and Thor’s former girlfriend who transforms into the action hero the Mighty Thor while undergoing cancer treatment. She does this by using a rebuilt replica of Thor’s hammer Mjolnir, which gives her superhuman strength and abilities. After meeting Waititi, who indicated Foster’s comeback to Thor’s life after 8 years would be a significant adjustment for him as she has lived another life without him, Portman, who did not feature in the previous movie Thor: Ragnarok (2017), decided to return to. Foster walking up dressed as Thor might be a “huge mindfuck,” according to Waititi.
- Taika Waititi plays Korg, a gladiator from Krona who made friends with Thor.
- Jaimie Alexander bestowed as Sif: A warrior from Asgard and Thor’s childhood buddy, Sif is based on the same-named Nors mythical figure.
- Along with Sam Neill, Matt Damon, and Luke Hemsworth portraying Asgardian actors portraying Loki, Odin, and Thor, respectively, and Melissa McCarthy accompanying them as an actress portraying Hela, Jeff Goldblum makes his return as Professor Thor Ragnarok. The goddess Bast is bestowed by Akosia Sabet. Singer Jenny Morris, actor Simon Russell Beale, and McCarthy’s spouse Ben Falcone have all been cast in unnamed parts.
The Guardians of the Galaxy are also mentioned in the movie, with Sean Gunn bestowing as Kraglin Obfonteri and, Dave Bautista, Chris Pratt, Pom Klementieff, Bradley Cooper Karen Gillan, and Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper reprising their respective MCU roles as Peter Quill / Star-Lord, Mantis, Nebula, Groot, Drax the Destroyer, and Rocket.
How To WatchThor Love and Thunder?
You can watch this movie Thor Love and Thunder on YouTube, Vudu, Amazon Video, iTunes and Netflix.
For Blu-ray, DVD you can get it on Amazon, iTunes, FandangoNOW, Vudu, Google Play, CinemaNow and Tubi.